British Glass has the UK’s only dedicated library on glass technology, from raw materials to end product. We collect and catalogue materials from sources including scientific journals, trade press, conference proceedings, standard setting bodies and more.
Each month our library and information service answers hundreds of enquiries from members – providing hand-picked information to help them meet their business needs. We particularly specialise in providing:
- worldwide legislation, regulations, standards and guidelines – such as heavy metals, decoration, food contact
- statistics – eg import/export data and recycling rates
- factory data – including types of glass manufactured, production capacities
- technical information on glass manufacture, material science, production techniques, compositions, decoration
- patents – including searches going back to the 19th century.
If there is something specific we can help with, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're not a member, we may still be able to help. Get in touch to find out more.