Who are we?
We are British Glass Manufacturers Confederation, registered company no 539065. Our registered address is 9 Churchill Way, Chapeltown, Sheffield, S35 2PY.
How we collect information
When you use our website and services, you are in control of what information is collected. We only collect personal information about you, and any other individual, when you provide those details.
We’ll collect this when you:
- sign up to receive news about our work and services
- ask for a user account
- submit your details, eg email address, to access premium content
- book places at or attend training courses, events and meetings
- respond to surveys.
What information do we collect?
Information about you, including your name, email address, job title, business name, telephone number or interests. We only collect what you specifically provide.
Information about your computer and about your visits to, and use of, the website (including your IP address, approximate geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views). We may do this using cookies or similar technologies; we will ask for your permission before we do so. See more detail in our Cookies Policy.
How is your information used?
We will use your information to:
- send you communications which you have requested via email - this may include information about our services and events.
- manage your user account (if you have one)
- organise events and training
- develop our services.
Your information may also be used by British Glass to generate website user reports; this is analytical information and does not include your personal data.
We’ll only store your data for a period of three years, at which point it will be removed from our company server, unless you give us permission to keep you on our database.
Who has access to your information?
We do not sell or rent your information to third parties and your information will not be shared for marketing purposes. We may need to share your information with our suppliers, for example for website maintenance or event logistics.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text unless you have given your prior consent.
You can contact us at any time to request the information we have in relation to your personal data. If you would like us to remove/destroy any personal data we hold on you, you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 290 1850.
Using cookies or other on-device storage
Tracking how the website is used
Information may be collected about activity on the website, or other organisations may be used to collect it and to share it. This information is used to:
- analyse statistics
- track pages and paths used by visitors to, or users of, the website
- improve performance of our website
- target the adverts or offers, such as banners, on the website
- track the use of the internet banner adverts and other links from marketing partners' websites to this website.
How your information is kept secure
The security of information is taken very seriously. Technology and security policies are in place to protect the information held.