British Glass is looking to recruit a proficient technologist skilled to MCERTS Level 2 to join the onsite Stack monitoring team.
The main responsibilities of the role would be:
- Working on industrial sites throughout the UK
- Testing of stack emissions to relevant international and European Standards
- Ensuring work is carried out to the fill requirements of MCERTS and ISO17025
- Ensuring work is carried out safely, following safe systems of work and risk assessments
- Maintenance and calibration of sampling equipment
- Preparation of sampling media
Qualifications and Experience:
- MCERTS Level 2 qualified with the relevant technical endorsements
- Full clean UK driving licence
Knowledge and abilities:
- Willingness to work outside throughout the year
- Ability to work at heights
- The role includes climbing ladders and hauling equipment to the sampling location
- Willingness to work away from home
During the course of these duties the post holder may have access to, or witness commercially sensitive/confidential information. This must not be divulged to an unauthorised person at any time.
Some out of normal office hours working, travel and over-night stays will be required, including overseas.
Health & Safety:
In accordance with the Health & Safety Policy Statement, ensure that safe systems of work are used within own area of responsibility;
To ensure that health and safety standards are maintained and improved in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act etc 1974 and the Health & Safety Policy Statement.
- Competitive salary
- 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas closure
- Flexible working approach
- Free refreshments and eye tests
- Learning and Development funding
- Company healthcare and pension scheme
- Company performance bonus scheme
- Health and Wellbeing program
- Access to the Employee Development Fund (learning outside of work topics)
All applications should be sent to in the form of a CV and covering letter to HR@britglass.co.uk.