An exciting new role for a proactive all-rounder to give administrative and data/information support to our small team which provides membership services to the UK Glass Manufacturing industry.
You will be expected to shine from day one in supporting the team on various activities from organising events, dealing with information queries and researching statistics to support our work with members, stakeholders, regulators and government departments.
In return you will join a business management degree apprenticeship programme at the September intake. Following completion of your studies you will have gained an in-depth understanding of an entire manufacturing sector, the legislation and policies which affect it and developed the skills required to allow you to thrive.
- Supporting the team on preparation of written materials, e.g. press releases, positions and technical papers
- Building relationships with member companies
- Preparing material for the company website
- Monitoring actions and assisting on team improvement projects
- Organising meetings and events
- Taking minutes for committee meetings
- Monitoring and answering information queries from member companies and the general public
- Researching information and keeping industry data updated
- Experience working in an office/customer service environment preferred but not essential
- Proactive, punctual, conscientious & flexible
- Keen to learn and take on responsibility
- Excellent IT skills
- Enjoy working with spreadsheets, numbers and information
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Display excellent customer service skills
- 2 or more A-levels or equivalent is desirable
- Prior knowledge or experience of the glass manufacturing sector would be advantageous
- Driving license preferred
What you can expect:
- Experience from day one in team support activities
- Consultation on and enrolment in business management degree apprenticeship programme starting September 2020
- Working closely with representatives in members companies to gain an in-depth understanding of operations. Placements may be available.
- Experience with a wide range of stakeholders including supply chain businesses, regulators and government departments
- Opportunities across the company once studies are complete
- Excellent employee package includes 22 days holiday plus health care, sports and social club, free gym membership, free refreshments and parking.
All applications should be sent to in the form of a CV and covering letter to HR@britglass.co.uk.
The closing date for this role is 4 March with interviews taking place on the 10 and 13 March.