Four British Glass member companies appeared on the shortlists for the UK Packaging Awards 2017 – and three were winners on the night across four categories. Together they demonstrated how glass continues to help leading brands stand out in competitive markets.
The UK Packaging Awards showcases the best of packaging innovation and design. British Glass sponsored the two glass specific categories: Glass pack of the year: spirits, perfumes and cosmetics category (for luxury product packaging) and Glass pack of the year: other drinks, food, and other products (for glass packaging of everyday products).
British Glass operations and commercial director Gareth Jones, who announced the glass category awards said:
“This year's UK Packaging Awards shortlist and winners have shown how UK glass packaging manufacturers are using the new techniques and the latest technology to help their customers’ brands stand out from the competition in glass.”
Ardagh Glass, O-I, Stölzle and Allied Glass were all shortlisted and saw their glass designs showcased on the big screen.
Limited edition of the year winner was Allied Glass for their Deansten 40-year old Single Malt Whisky bottle. The judges said:
“Exactly how a limited edition 40-year-old malt whisky should look! Screams vintage, tradition, class and utter perfection.”
Best packaging of a new product highly commended award went to Allied for Methods and Madness Irish Whiskey bottle. The judges said:
“Literally ‘groovy’ packaging. I’m sure this great pack will increase the product’s popularity.”
|Luxury glass pack of the year winner was Stölzle for their Axberg Vodka bottle. The judges said:
“An outstanding, stunningly shaped and uniquely coloured bottle enhanced with sublime printed decoration.”
Everyday glass pack of the year winner was Ardagh Glass for their Duerr’s marmalade. The judges said:
“Wonderfully tactile and aesthetically pleasing, this is a very attractive pack with clever orange peel imitation. It should certainly appeal to the intended younger consumer.”
|Overall Company of the year winner was Ardagh Group for their transformational year. The judges said:
“It has been a transformational year for Ardagh. The clear winner of packaging company of the year.”
- The UK packaging awards 2017 took place on the 22 November at Grosvenor Hotel, London. More details on the winners can be found here: www.packagingnews.co.uk/news/events/uk-packaging-awards-2017
- Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for most of the world's leading food, beverage, and consumer care brands. For more information visit www.ardaghgroup.com
- Allied Glass is an independently owned premium glass bottle manufacturer. It designs, develops and manufactures luxury glass packaging. The company aims to be a supplier of inspirational bespoke glass packaging that is available to the entire spirits industry. For more information visit www.allied-glass.com
- Stölzle Glass Group is an expert in high-end glass packaging, with more than 200 years experience in the production of glass. For more information visit www.stoelzle.com
- British Glass is the representative body for the UK glass industry. It communicates the glass sector’s value and interests – as well as fostering collaboration and innovation – to secure a thriving, sustainable future for glass. For more information visit www.britglass.org.uk