Whether you design, make, sell, process or reuse glass – this course will give you a broad understanding of the material, its lifecycle, how it behaves and why, and the possibilities it offers.
To enquire about having this course delivered as bespoke training in-house please email email@example.com
Delivered by experts from Glass Technology Services Ltd, the course covers essential topics from manufacture, processing and basic chemistry to properties, defects and failures, recycling and quality. The accessible format and small groups size makes this an ideal introduction for anyone working in glass or otherwise dealing with glass products or issues.
Who is it for?
Anyone whose business involves glass will benefit from an improved understanding of this fascinating material. Prime candidates include:
- new starters to the glass industry
- packers and fillers of food, drink, pharmaceutical and cosmetic products
- glass re-processors
- waste collectors.
“I came away really inspired by the versatility and value of glass as a material. This course gave me a new level of respect for the material and - given that so much of my job revolves around glass -enthusiasm for my work."
What will be covered?
Theoretical and practical sessions on the day cover:
- What is glass?
- A brief history of glass manufacturing
- Glass properties
- Composition and melting of glass
- Colouring and decoration of glass
- Annealed and toughened, or tempered glass
- Forming, pouring and casting of glass
- Sustainability and recyclability
- Glass strength, handling, defects and failure.
When is it?
Tuesday 16 October 2018
9.30am – 4.00pm – lunch provided
Where will it be held?
9 Churchill Way,
ChapeltownSheffield, S35 2PY
Just off junction 35a/36 of the M1.
Free parking available.
What does it cost?
British Glass members – £425
Non-members – £550
(All prices are per person excluding VAT)