Glass Focus Conference - 23 May 2013
Forward thinking and innovative dimensions for glass and the glass supply chain
Glass Focus 2013 will be held on 23 May 2013 at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, United Kingdom. Themed Forward thinking and innovative dimensions for glass and the glass supply chain the conference will feature Rt. Hon. Michael Fallon MP - Minister of State for Business and Enterprise, James Fothergill Head of Education and Skills at CBI, and Dave Dalton Chief Executive Officer of British Glass as well as expert speakers on key industry topics and issues.
This unique conference pulls together senior representatives across the glass supply chain - including raw material suppliers, manufacturers, processors, recyclers, designers, architects, food and drinks manufacturers, distillers, breweries, brand-owners and retailers. This new approach enables engagement across the entire supply-chain in order to stimulate discussion over issues, developments and future challenges between all stakeholders.
Following on from the success of the first Glass Focus conference in 2012, this event will feature a range of breakout sessions focused on topics of relevance to each supply-chain and glass sector.
A number of focused breakout sessions look to stimulate and encourage discussion on key themes:
- Glass Packaging Development
- Architecture and Building Design
- Innovations and new Technology
- Glass in Society - Invisible Contributions
- Glass in Society - Design and Fashion Trends
An innovation room will showcase the very latest in glass developments, capabilities and technologies for this fast-moving industry and British Glass are inviting all organisations across the supply-chain to submit proposals to exhibit their latest technology or developments at the event.
Expert Speakers at Glass Focus 2013 include:
- Rt. Hon. Michael Fallon MP, Minister of State for Business Enterprise
- James Fothergill, Health of Education and Skills, CBI
- Cressida Granger, Managing Director, Mathmos Ltd
- Dr Wei H Loh, EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Photonics, Southampton University
- James O'Callaghan, Director, Eckersley O'Callaghan
- Mike Hitchmough, Divisional Director, 3D Reid
- Jeremy Drew, Sales Manager, H.V. Skan Ltd.
Attendance to the full conference and evening entertainment, including accommodation, is available for only £245 (+VAT). Partners are welcome to join delegates for the evening dinner, entertainment and accommodation for an additional £55.
Please find the conference information pamphlet and booking form attached below.
For further information, or to book places, please contact Jackie Donoghue at British Glass:
Tel: +44 (0) 114 290 1850
Fax: +44 (0) 114 290 1851Tweet