Beatson Clark creates miniature bottle for BrewDog
Scottish craft beer innovator BrewDog has upped the ante with its latest powerfully hopped product: a 22% miniature hit of hops sold in 100ml bottles designed and manufactured by Beatson Clark.
Hop Shot is described by BrewDog as “a high-velocity hop hit” and is achieved through ice distillation, which concentrates strength and flavour by removing the ice that forms during the brewing process.
The beer is brewed using five North American hop varieties – Centennial, Columbus, Simcoe, Citra and Amarillo – and its aroma retains a huge amount of hop character, from grapefruit peel and stewed orange to heady pine sap and resin.
Chris Palmer, Business Development Manager at Beatson Clark:
“This was a challenging design as we had to maintain the small capacity while meeting the height requirements of the filling equipment.
“Even though it’s a small bottle we were still able to emboss the BrewDog logo on the neck to complement the Abstrakt bottle we designed for them at the same time.”
Beatson Clark’s new Hop Shot bottle complements the 375ml embossed Champagne-style beer bottle which the company recently designed for BrewDog’s Abstrakt range of occasional brews.
“BrewDog is a long-standing customer of ours and we’re always happy to be asked to produce a new bottle for them. We are well placed to fulfil this type of contract as we have a great deal of experience in glass packaging for the brewing industry and we can manufacture bespoke bottles at small volumes,” Chris added.
To find out more about standard, customised or bespoke beer bottles call Beatson Clark on 01709 828141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beatson Clark specialises in providing glass packaging solutions for niche brands in the food, drink and pharmaceutical markets worldwide. The key to its success has been flexibility, innovation and the high quality of its containers
- Beatson Clark’s customers are at the core of its business and the company is proud of the long-standing partnerships it has developed thanks to the outstanding level of service it offers
- Beatson Clark has a turnover of £47 million and a production capacity of approximately 520 million units or 145,000 tonnes. It employs approximately 330 people
- It has ISO 9001:2008, BRC/IOP Food Packaging Hygiene Standard and OHSAS 18001:1999 Occupational Health & Safety Standard and its manufacturing capability has an emphasis on flexibility to facilitate short tailored production runs. It has a UK distribution centre located in Rotherham
- To find out more about Beatson Clark visit www.beatsonclark.co.uk