This course is designed to give delegates a broad understanding of glass as a material covering manufacture, properties, uses and environmental impacts.
The course combines both theoretical and practical sessions where delegates will have the opportunity to:
- Help make their own glass object
- Test glass products for strength
- Attempt to identify different types of glass to remove contaminants from glass collected for recycling
- Experiment with different glass coatings to see the effect these have on the glass product.
- Introduction to the glass sector
- Glass forming
- Properties and uses of glass
- Inspection and quality control
- Glass batch and melting
- Common glass defects and their causes
- Glass furnaces and melting technology
- Surface protection and coatings
In this Section
Recycled glass can be exported to be used in glass manufacture abroad. The CO2 savings are 290 Kg CO2/tonne.